Travel

Foreign Nationals Can Enter Montenegro Without Negative Coronavirus Test

By 12 January 2021

ZAGREB, 12 January, 2021 - Montenegrin health authorities on Monday decided to allow entry into the country for foreign nationals without a negative test for COVID-19 thus partly relaxing current epidemiological measures even though around 1.5% of the country's population is infected with coronavirus. 

Health Minister Jakov Milatović said the decision was due to the fact that restricting entry into the country during the summer had caused Montenegro to lose close to half a billion euros even though "a negligible number of tourists were responsible for the transmission of coronavirus within Montenegro."

Health authorities have also lifted the ban on travel between municipalities on weekends while restaurants and bars will continue, as they have so far, to work from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. without live music.

The health authorities have said that the epidemic curve is stable even though there were significant epidemiological risks during the holidays.

For the latest travel info, bookmark our main travel info article, which is updated daily

Read the Croatian Travel Update in your language - now available in 24 languages.

Join the Total Croatia Travel INFO Viber community.

Tagged under: coronavirus

Search

Cookies make it easier for us to provide you with our services. With the usage of our services you permit us to use cookies.
More information Ok