The A1 Zagreb-Split-Ploče and A6 Rijeka-Zagreb motorways, the Pag bridge, as well as Dr. Franjo Tuđman bridge in Dubrovnik are open to all vehicle categories.
Due to strong wind there is a traffic ban on double-decker buses, campervans and motorcycles on the following sections:
-on the A7 motorway between Draga and Šmrika,
-on the Krk-bridge,
-on the DC8 Adriatic road between Bakar and Novi Vinodolski.
There is an additional ban on delivery vehicles and vehicles with covered cargo area on the DC8 Adriatic road between Novi Vinodolski and Sveta Marija Magdalena.
A1 MOTORWAY ZAGREB-SPLIT-PLOČE
- On the A1 motorway there is a 2 km long queue at Lučko toll station in direction Zagreb.
- Traffic is proceeding with difficulties between Posedarje junction and Sveti Rok tunnel in direction Zagreb.
- Due to a traffic accident between Novigrad and Karlovac junctions traffic is proceeding slowly in direction Zagreb.
A2 MOTORWAY ZAGREB-MACELJ
There is a 3,5 km long queue on the A2 Zagreb-Macelj motorway at Trakošćan toll station in direction Slovenia.
A3 MOTORWAY BREGANA-LIPOVAC
- There is a 2 km long queue on the A3 Bregana-Lipovac motorway at Bregana toll station in direction Slovenia.
- Due to a traffic accident on the A3 Bregana-Lipovac motorway traffic is proceeding slowly in a 2 km long queue at Križ junction in direction Zagreb.
A7 MOTORWAY RUPA-DIRAČJE
At Rupa border crossing in direction Slovenia there is a 2 km long queue.
A8/A9 MOTORWAY IN ISTRIA
- There is a 5 km long queue at the border crossings Kaštel und Plovanija in direction Slovenia.
- There is a 2 km long queue at Učka tunnel in direction Rijeka.
Traffic is very dense on the Krk bridge: 3 km towards the island, from Malinska in direction mainland.
Roads are wet and slippery countrywide. Rockfalls and landslides are possible. Drivers are advised to adjust the driving speed to the road conditions and to keep the safety distance.
Strong wind is blowing on the A1 motorway between Sveti Rok tunnel and Božići viaduct.
on the A1 Zagreb-Split-Ploče
there is some queueing traffic between Karlovac and Lučko in direction Zagreb
at the toll station Lučko 1 km in direction Zagreb, an Demerje 500 m
on the A2 Zagreb-Macelj
at the toll station Trakošćan the queue is 3 km long in direction Slovenia
at the border crossings Kaštel and Plovanija in Istria 7 km queueing traffic towards Slovenia
on the A7 Rupa-Diračje
on the state road towards the border crossing Pasjak 4 km
The roads are occasionally wet and slippery in the northwestern parts of the country and in the Croatian Littoral.
Driving restrictions: freight vehicles exceeding 7,5 t
- Sunday, 20th of August; 12AM - 11PM
Sections of the roads closed due to roadworks:
-the DC29 from Novi Golubovec (DC29, DC35)
-the DC502 Smilčić-Pridraga state road
Traffic is regulated by traffic signals/one road lane is free only:
-on the DC1 state road in Knin, on the section Sučević-Otrić in Otrić
-on the state road DC2 in Vukovar, (Kudeljarska and Priljevo street)
-on the state road DC66 Pula- Raša bridge
-on the state road DC206 Valentinovo-Petrovsko.
With the sunny and dry weather, more and more cyclists and motorists are on the roads. Other vehicles (such as cars or trucks) should look carefully for bicyclists before turning left or right, merging into bicycle lanes and opening doors next to moving traffic. Check your mirrors and be aware of blind spots before turning. While at a stop sign or red light, make a complete stop in order to let bikers pass, and check for unseen riders. Respect the right of way of bicyclists because they are entitled to share the road with you.
Cyclists are not immune to traffic violations: pay attention to red lights and practice arm signaling!